- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- Cooking / Baking time
- 20 mins
- 12 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- July 26, 2016
A tart recipe is stiff base . Tart is a baked dish filled with fruits ,creamy custard or whipped cream .A tart dough is served with filling and serve with open top .mostly decorated with fruits or whipped cream .The tart dough is also name as shortcrust pastry.In tart filling can be savoury also.
- Shortbread Crust method: I a bowl mix flour , salt ,sugar n butter .mix well with hand or dow making machine . First it will become in form of bread crumbs Add chilled water and make it in form of pastry . Cover with cling n keep in freezer for 15 min to chill.
- Preheat oven at 200 degree C Grease the tart loose bottom pan 8 inch with butter. ( small tart pan can also be used for single serving )
- Dust dough with little flour and roll out into a large disc.Spread this pastry dow in greased loose bottom pan by pressing with hand . Press evenly by the help of back of spoon to make smooth. Press from inside so it get set properly inside pan. Discard the extra edges n press from sides corner with thumb.
- Make it smooth . Prick on top of crust with help of fork ( to avoid the puffing while baking ) Fill the inside Centre by keeping raw kidney or any beans on the base.( to put Weight )
- Now bake for 15 min till get crust light brown. Remove n cool down on wire rack.
- Serve with your favourite filling and topping .