- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking / Baking time
- 10 mins
- 4 people
- 1 pinch
- Asafoetida (Heeng)
- 1 1/2 Tsp
- Crushed Red chilli flakes
- 1/4 Tsp
- Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp
- Garlic paste
- 3/4 Tsp
- 1 cup
- Split green lentil with skin (Chilkewali Moong Dal)
- 1 cup
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- June 23, 2016
Moong Dal Pakoras are spicy, crispy, delicious fritters made of split green Lentil . Moong daal pakora are small in size but pack an irresistible tast,that will have you reaching out for “just one more.Moong daal pakora Crispy n crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside – Moong daal pakora are great as finger food, especially when accompanied by Green Chutney .
Moong Dal Pakoras are really quick and easy-to-make, and green gram is a healthy source of nutrients – it is very low in saturated fat & cholesterol.
- Wash and Soaked lentil for2 to 3 hour in water .then drain excess water .
- Now add garlic in lentil and grind into mixer machine to thick coarsely thick paste . Grind By adding little water if required.
- Now add all ingredients except oil and mix well and allow to rest for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Heat oil for deep frying .To check if the oil is ready for frying, put one drop of batter in oil. The batter should sizzle and come up but not change color instantly. Shape the mixture into small balls and drop them in the oil carefully. Fry in small batches. Deep fry till golden brown in color from all the sides.
- Take out n spread on kitchen towel to remove excess oil .
- Serve hot with ketchup or Green chutney.
- Asafoetida Is optional as if u don't like taste you can make without it .